Monday, April 28, 2008

The Forbidden Kingdom : My Review

Well, I have watched it last Thursday with my friend. Here's the trailer for that movie....










The story is exactly what I expected it to be, with some small surprises here and there. Prior to watching it, I have read the synopsis and have expected that the storyline must be a simple one, since it is basically a story of boy becoming a man in his journey to fulfill a prophecy. Surely you have heard the same kind of cliche before... Well, I have.. many times before..

The kung fu fighting scene, which is the main reason I came, is awesome. Here is Jackie Chan with his Drunken Fist style, and Jet Li with his style of kung fu, fighting to gain control of a magical rod, a golden rod belonging to the imprisoned Monkey King. The fight is nicely done, where no one among the two managed to gain control of the rod, ending the fight in a draw.

Another nice scene is when the boy decided to fight the bully back. His kick hits the face of the bully with an ummpphh... Nicely done, boy.. Later on he showed his skill in playing with a staff on the roof top, which is smooth...

2 comments:

ieka said...

ingatkan tgk cerita Congkak dah..hahahah
nampaknya tunggu kat pasar malam ajeler:p

MC_E349094 said...

Congkak dah tgk jugak... tapi sebab tak jumpa trailer dia, tu yg tak letak lagi tu komen